Conor McGregor says he is coming out of retirement for a boxing battle with Manny Pacquiao in the Middle East.
He returned to face Floyd Mayweather in his very first expert boxing match in 2017 and now says he will fulfill eight-weight world champion Pacquiao, 41.
” It will be a true honour to have faced two of the biggest boxers of the contemporary age,” the Irishman tweeted.
Previously on Thursday, McGregor posted a video on Instagram of himself shadow boxing in a ring.
McGregor’s last fight was a win over Donald Cerrone at UFC 246 in January, which offered him a 22 -4 record in blended martial arts.
- McGregor: Who next after UFC 246? Khabib, Mayweather, Masvidal, Usman or Pacquiao?
- Could Mayweather fight YouTuber Paul in exhibit bout?
Filipino Pacquiao last stepped into the ring in July 2019, beating Keith Thurman to take his boxing record to 62 -7, with 2 draws.
McGregor was visited previous five-weight world champion Mayweather in the 10 th round of one of the wealthiest bouts in boxing history in August 2017.
The Las Vegas battle generated more than ₤450 m through 4.3 m pay-per-view buys in The United States and Canada, 2nd only to Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao’s 4.6 m in 2015.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe